Students Collaborate with Rotary for STREAM Learning
DeSales recently received a grant from the Rotary Club of Lockport for a literacy program using Osmo Learning Systems with iPads. As part of the grant, Lockport Rotarians worked with Kindergarten students work with the Osmos. When we introduced the students to the Rotarians and the Osmo Learning Systems it was a perfect match!
Osmo fosters learning in key areas such as: creative problem solving, art, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics) and common core.
- Coding Awbie teaches logic and problem solving skills.
- Tangram fosters spatial relational skills.
- Words teaches spelling and critical thinking skills.
- Masterpiece teaches drawing and creative confidence.
- Numbers teaches counting, addition and multiplication.
- Pizza Co. teaches math, money, fractions and nonverbal communication.
- Coding Jam helps kids get to know coding’s creative side while developing an ear for rhythm, melody and harmony.
Thank you to the Rotary Club of Lockport!